Friday, August 22, 2008

Conform?

I've spent the last few days thinking about something. Am I doing enough currently to prepare for the future? I came to realize that I might not graduate from university with a very nice CV at the rate I'm going. Watching other friends being so active in activities does make me wonder. Yes, I may have the skills to market myself, but do i have the credentials to prove it? All of this started when i started looking at internship requirements for companies such as British American Tobacco, Citibank, Sony and other companies which require a management trainee. Just thinking of those names made me realize that they were in fact multinational corporations who would not consider any average Joe as their intern.
So, that's it. I surely do hope i have the motivation to take that first step to involve myself in at least ONE co-curricular activity in college. *sigh*. Playing games for a living cannot really apply in this world and generation I'm in now eh? World standards say that the recipe for success is good skills and a good CV. Should I conform or would I...

No comments: