Friday, November 07, 2008

You should always give a second chance

As serious the title may sound, this has purely to do with food and only food;...yummy food at that :p My destination last night after share group was to be some dai chow(big fry or properly known as cantonese fried) place in downtown KL. The hungry ghosts Kevin, Foong Yee, Theodore and myself rushed through the night's topic out of sheer hunger that even the closing prayer I said that night sounded like saying grace for a meal...malu sial...

Since it was getting late 9.30, we had to choose between dai chow or Carl's Jr in pyramid. We took option number 3 (non existent and based on random banging) Station One Cafe in SS15. My appetite went out the window the minute that place was suggested because of my past experiences there. This time around, the prices have increased and I thought, Oh Shiii...so i went for the cheapest thing I could get. Grilled chicken rice with no drinks. After a round or two of 'chor dai dee' the food arrived. My gosh it looked very presentable with not one grain of rice out of place. I quickly dug in...and had to swear that I was in a different restaurant that night. Very tender chicken with black pepper sauce coupled with a chilli sausage and egg rice for the small price of RM12.50...ok lah, not so small now is it?

The food easily had an improvement five times over the last time and if I could really afford to go again, I would. This time around, the second chance was sort of forced onto me instead of me giving it. Looking forward to more dining experiences with Station One now. Ending this post while slowly slurping the remainder of my Indo Mee on the table. Broke due to last night's moment of indulgence. >.<"

No comments: