Saturday, November 01, 2008

Anger management program

Right then, I don't think I would be mashing my words in such a way that I would sound merciful and indirect. I was back in Ipoh the last weekend for the main purpose of going for the History Makers 7th anniversary celebration. Celebration it was all right; just not for us who came all the way 200km down from the capital. Seriously, formal event with no seating arrangements? Why not rename it as HM 7th anniversary open house then? After securing proper seats twice; yes, TWICE (due to being evicted by persons in charge the first time and turning a deaf ear the second time round)we could get underway enjoying our not so hearty meal(loss of appetite due to events beforehand).

At the end of the day, my wish was simple. To celebrate the 7 wonderful years HM has been around and I daresay I felt immensely proud that we went through all the ups and downs all those years. The theme is still clear in my mind; 'Perfect Grace' but to some of us, it might have turned out to be a perfect disgrace instead. Surely I don't expect to be treated like a VIP just because I haven't been around but shoving us around like sheep being herded straight into the abattoir? That's not how you treat guests my dear committee members. When you organize an event and even if an earthquake happens, always ensure you give the guests a good impression even if it pains you so. You can't please everyone but did you really have to displease us then? As trivial as this matter may be, I really hope they take into consideration our advice to ensure more successful events in future. Had I posted this the night of the event itself, I doubt I could have kept a cool head and lambasted anything and everything wrong about the event.

Right, on a lighter note, was not able to catch up with any of my Ipoh buddies due to the Deepavali celebrations on Monday. I was free on Sunday but turns out the timing was screwed up. So being the yumchar animal that I am, terpaksalah aku menangkap orang-orang KL keluar minum di Ipoh. Its definitely sad when people in your hometown have no time for you. Well, at least they don't blame you for neglecting them instead :p.

God is GREAT, no denying that. He can choose to bless you in multiple times you never dared imagine. This is with regards to my internship applications. When other people can have one choice, I had the liberty of choosing between two companies(Citibank and SP Setia). Furthermore, I could have had a pending interview with DHL Malaysia. My choice for the internship is Citibank. If I told you why, you would have thought of me as a serial slacker who couldn't care less about the job :p

Let's call it a day for now. It does feel good letting off some steam here. Hence the andger management program header :)

PS: Do visit funky chikin's blog on how we waded through that awful night. http://www.funkykai.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Alienstargurlz said...

oi. pls teach this blogspot virgin, how to have a spam box for your sake. =P

Megahertz said...

Wah... Kim, start to use blogger instead la. Juz go to da cbox website, copy da html script and add HTML/JavaScript gadget, den paste da html script into it =)

Megahertz said...

AO... I tot u din wanna blog bout da nite. Sadly i lost my flare n spirit to tok bout it. Raymond so long din blog oso wanna blog bout it. Haha.

Aaron Onn said...

lets say it was to die for? i'm just waiting for them to make a big fuss out like they did the last time someone used a blog to cause 'instability'

Megahertz said...

Wow... N i tot better listen to ur advice n not cause any trouble so i din blog bout it. Rupa-rupanya, ur da one hu started it. Haha.

Aaron Onn said...

muahaha...i'm a rebel when i need to be so...:p K.L...enlightening ain't it?

Megahertz said...

Haha. Tell me about it...

Alienstargurlz said...

lol. i just got the time to actually read ur post. =.=" didnt know it was about HM or i would've joined right in. HAHA. eh ur supposed to update me remember? ur not descriptive enuf. i wana kepoh!! LOL. sounds like HM is not HM as we knew it anymore. =(

Aaron Onn said...

cheh...mai kaypoh lar :p...ure not Malaysian anymore wert...